How to start server
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   a_sd
Posted On:   Thursday, October 16, 2003 01:55 AM

I had installed my redhat9 as server for full installation correctly the program is download from www.redhat.com...then i run "telnet xx.xx.xx.xx"(my Ip address).all are OK. Then I configured my CVS server through the common way summarized by some instroductions of experts step by step. it should OK too. but,but,So badly now it becomes that i can`t proper run telnet and cvspserver (my cvs server name) both. i check the "system setting"->"server setting"->"services",I can foud cvspserver listed here ,and they all were selected. server xinetd was been selected too. now i can not telnet my server via even if 127.0.0.1 or localhost,the wincvs client can not access my cvspserver ,that    More>>

I had installed my redhat9 as server for full installation correctly the program is download from www.redhat.com...then i run "telnet xx.xx.xx.xx"(my Ip address).all are OK.
Then I configured my CVS server through the common way summarized by some instroductions of experts step by step. it should OK too.
but,but,So badly now it becomes that i can`t proper run telnet and cvspserver (my cvs server name) both.
i check the "system setting"->"server setting"->"services",I can foud cvspserver listed here ,and they all were selected.
server xinetd was been selected too.
now i can not telnet my server via even if 127.0.0.1 or localhost,the wincvs client can not access my cvspserver ,that the error message was about like "TCL is not available ,shell is disable"
I shut down the firewall,all change nothing.
i can not resolve this scene.
someone can help and give me some advice?
best regards.

<<Less

Re: How to start server

Posted By:   Christopher_Schultz  
Posted On:   Friday, October 17, 2003 02:16 PM

Are you just trying to access CVS from another machine? From your RedHat install, can you access the CVS repo? Try doing this on your RH9 box:

$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:username@localhost/path/to/repo
$ cvs login
>>> enter CVS password

If you see no output, then you have successfully logged-in, and your CVS install should be okay.

If this works, then you need to check your settings on the win32 side. There should be no reason that you need TCL installed on the server side in order to access CVS remotely.

-chris

Re: How to start server

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 16, 2003 11:25 AM

...TCL is not available ,shell is disable

Would that be TCL/TK? Perhaps you need to install or re-install TCL/TK, for some tool that needs it?

Also perhaps you need to add something to "/etc/shells", like the interactive TCL command interpreter shell maybe? for it to be "enabled"?

About | Sitemap | Contact