Problem with reloading a web application on Tomcat 4.1
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Tijana_Milicevic
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 15, 2003 04:59 AM

I have recently upgraded Tomcat from 3.2 to 4.1 and it seems I don't know how to configure it, because I have the following problem: When I first start Tomcat, my web application works fine. But then, if I reload it (because I've been changing the classes in WEB-INF/classes folder on my context), the Tomcat manager doesn't report a problem (it says:OK - Reloaded application at context path /mycontextpath), but the application won't work anymore. For any JSP page from that context I try to invoke, I get the 500 Internal Server Error, because javac can't find the packages from WEB-INF/classes folder. I get a lot of "package ... does not exist" messages - one for each import statement. Please hel   More>>

I have recently upgraded Tomcat from 3.2 to 4.1 and it seems I don't know how to configure it, because I have the following problem:

When I first start Tomcat, my web application works fine. But then, if I reload it (because I've been changing the classes in WEB-INF/classes folder on my context), the Tomcat manager doesn't report a problem (it says:OK - Reloaded application at context path /mycontextpath), but the application won't work anymore.

For any JSP page from that context I try to invoke, I get the 500 Internal Server Error, because javac can't find the packages from WEB-INF/classes folder. I get a lot of "package ... does not exist" messages - one for each import statement.

Please help.

<<Less

Re: Problem with reloading a web application on Tomcat 4.1

Posted By:   Veselin_Kovacevic  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 16, 2003 01:08 AM

What happen if you remove and install application again?

Are you use ant and .war file for deploy?
About | Sitemap | Contact