dcsimg
Message persistance for Sun Message Queue 3.0.1
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Zac_Jacobson
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 14, 2003 11:59 AM

Hi, I am trying to evaluate JMS software, and I've downloaded Sun's Message Queue 3.0.1sp2 Platform Edition. The problem I have is that while all the topics and durable subscriptions I'm creating get persisted, the messages do not! I'm using the file-base persistance, and I've set imq.persist.file.sync.enabled=true and imq.persist.file.message.cleanup=true . As both a Windows service or running on RedHat Linux, the messages don't persist when I shut the queue down; On Windows, some empty files with numbers for filenames are there, but on Linux nothing is ever written to the messages directory in the var tree. Any ideas? Yes, my user does have write permission in the directory. Thanks, Zac    More>>

Hi, I am trying to evaluate JMS software, and I've downloaded Sun's Message Queue 3.0.1sp2 Platform Edition. The problem I have is that while all the topics and durable subscriptions I'm creating get persisted, the messages do not!

I'm using the file-base persistance, and I've set imq.persist.file.sync.enabled=true and imq.persist.file.message.cleanup=true .

As both a Windows service or running on RedHat Linux, the messages don't persist when I shut the queue down; On Windows, some empty files with numbers for filenames are there, but on Linux nothing is ever written to the messages directory in the var tree.

Any ideas? Yes, my user does have write permission in the directory.

Thanks,
Zac

<<Less

Re: Message persistance for Sun Message Queue 3.0.1

Posted By:   Zac_Jacobson  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 15, 2003 12:38 PM

Turns out everything is working great; I was setting the message deliver mode to NON_PERSISTANT - a great way to avoid having things persist.

D'oh!

About | Sitemap | Contact