Problem with embedded images in attachment on Windows
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rajat_Gupta
Posted On:   Monday, October 13, 2003 05:08 AM

Hello All, I am developing an email system using the JavaMail API. Using the application, the user should be able to send attachments also in the mail. On Windows, if the attachment is a .doc (MS-Word) or .ppt file with some embedded images, then the images get corrupted on receiving the mail. The text within the files are fine ... only the images get distorted. This problem occurs only when the server is running on Windows. The functionality works perfectly on Linux. Can anyone please throw some light on this problem. I am using the JDK 1.3. Thanks, Rajat    More>>

Hello All,

I am developing an email system using the JavaMail API. Using the application, the user should be able to send attachments also in the mail.

On Windows, if the attachment is a .doc (MS-Word) or .ppt file with some embedded images, then the images get corrupted on receiving the mail. The text within the files are fine ... only the images get distorted.

This problem occurs only when the server is running on Windows. The functionality works perfectly on Linux.

Can anyone please throw some light on this problem. I am using the JDK 1.3.

Thanks,

Rajat

<<Less

Re: Problem with embedded images in attachment on Windows

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Monday, October 13, 2003 05:17 AM

Are they corrupted before or after (or both?) you save them to disk? What form does the corruption take?

Regards.
About | Sitemap | Contact