Multiple database connect
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   marc_michaud
Posted On:   Thursday, October 9, 2003 01:35 PM

Hello I want to connect to many different database (all are Oracle). I want to know if there is a framework or an api open source that help me to do this. The subject is: a client of the application select the base and connect to it.then he can select a table to show values. Somebody have an idea to work with the connection. I want to do a web application and my problem is to correctly manage the connection pool. i don't want to create a specific connection for each client is some are using same database,login and password. Sorry for my english and thanks for anwsers mrasterm    More>>

Hello

I want to connect to many different database (all are Oracle).
I want to know if there is a framework or an api open source that help me to do this.

The subject is:
a client of the application select the base and connect to it.then he can select a table to show values.

Somebody have an idea to work with the connection.

I want to do a web application and my problem is to correctly manage the connection pool.
i don't want to create a specific connection for each client is some are using same database,login and password.

Sorry for my english and thanks for anwsers

mrasterm

<<Less

Re: Multiple database connect

Posted By:   Steve_Daskam  
Posted On:   Friday, October 10, 2003 02:04 PM

You'd have to create a separate connection pool for each data source. Then your application would dictate which pool to get the connection from based on the page that was accessed.

Not sure about frameworks. I'm fairly sure that most app servers will allow you to set up multiple pools.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve

About | Sitemap | Contact