Using ANTLR with Win XP Pro
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 7, 2003 10:53 PM

I have unpacked antlr-2.7.2.zip to c:antlr-2.7.2 I can run "java antlr.Tool file.g" in the above mentioned directory, but I do not know where to put my CLASSPATH declaration so that the antlr.jar is found from anywhere. On my system I have found 3 autoexec.nt files and no autoexec.bat file. I have added the following lines to each of the 3 autoexec.nt files, to make sure one of them gets executed: REM Catalin: for ANTLR set CLASSPATH=C:antlr-2.7.2 I restarted my computer but to no avail. Anyone who knows the exact trick for Windows XP Pro? Is there any .exe executable of ANTLR available for download?    More>>

I have unpacked antlr-2.7.2.zip to c:antlr-2.7.2

I can run "java antlr.Tool file.g" in the above mentioned directory, but I do not know where to put my CLASSPATH declaration so that the antlr.jar is found from anywhere.

On my system I have found 3 autoexec.nt files and no autoexec.bat file.

I have added the following lines to each of the 3 autoexec.nt files, to make sure one of them gets executed:

REM Catalin: for ANTLR

set CLASSPATH=C:antlr-2.7.2

I restarted my computer but to no avail.

Anyone who knows the exact trick for Windows XP Pro?

Is there any .exe executable of ANTLR available for download?

Thanks,

Catalin

<<Less

Re: Using ANTLR with Win XP Pro

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 8, 2003 02:45 AM

Hi again!

I have found a solution. Just in case anyone might have the same question as me, I post here the answer:

On Windows XP Pro, the CLASSPATH system variable can be set in the Control Panel, System, Advanced, Environment Variables.

I set is as a system variable (as opposed to a user variable) to have the "C:antrl-2.7.2" value. I can now run the "java antrl.Tool grammar.g" command from the command promt regardless of the current working directory.

So I guess it isn't necessary to add anything to the autoexec.nt files.

I found the solution in this article about Java:

http://www.bearcave.com/software/ms_java.html

Regards,

Catalin

About | Sitemap | Contact