Using HashMaps with Digester [somewhat off topic]
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aad_Nales
Posted On:   Friday, October 3, 2003 07:29 AM

I am trying use HashMaps in Digester. What I want to do is create a HashMap of beans. The beans consists of several properties one of which is "name". I want to use this name field as the 'key' and the whole bean as the 'value' in a Map. The start is pretty straight forward. Here the piece of XML i am trying to process. I am not worried about adding the instructions but I wish to add every rule (I only show one) to a HashMap. Here is what i do. digester.addObjectCreate("reporter", "java.util.HashMap"); digester.addSetNext("reporter", "done"); //rule digester.addObjectCre   More>>

I am trying use HashMaps in Digester. What I want to do is create a HashMap of beans. The beans consists of several properties one of which is "name". I want to use this name field as the 'key' and the whole bean as the 'value' in a Map.

The start is pretty straight forward. Here the piece of XML i am trying to process.

I am not worried about adding the instructions but I wish to add every rule (I only show one) to a HashMap. Here is what i do.

digester.addObjectCreate("reporter", "java.util.HashMap");
digester.addSetNext("reporter", "done");

//rule
digester.addObjectCreate("*/rule", "com.rcs.community.document.xml.Rule");
digester.addSetProperties("*/rule");
... ?? what to add here ??

What i am puzzled about is adding how to add a Rule object to the HashMap using both a property and a whole instance . Is there anybody outthere who can help me?

The reason that I want to use HashMap and not some specific object is that I don't what to add loads of new objects to my source tree if all they do is some parsing.

TIA

Aad Nales

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact