using MessageCountListener
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Raj_Subramani
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 23, 2003 01:34 AM

Apologies if asked before but I have RTFM'd. We use POSTFIX on Mandrake 9.1 as the mail server (though, I understand, might have to switch to sendmail to support multiple domains). I wrote a small test program to connect to my INBOX on this mail server using javamail 1.3.1. I set up a MessageCountListener but I get no notifications from the mail server. I know this is a bit naive, but obviously something must be switched on (or checked if it is switched on) on the mail server side to make sure it send notices out to all listeners. Or is it just that this notification mechanism will work only if the mail server is also implemented using the JavaMail api (such   More>>

Apologies if asked before but I have RTFM'd.

We use POSTFIX on Mandrake 9.1 as the mail server (though, I understand, might have to switch to sendmail to support multiple domains).

I wrote a small test program to connect to my INBOX on this mail server using javamail 1.3.1. I set up a MessageCountListener but I get no notifications from the mail server.

I know this is a bit naive, but obviously something must be switched on (or checked if it is switched on) on the mail server side to make sure it send notices out to all listeners.

Or is it just that this notification mechanism will work only if the mail server is also implemented using the JavaMail api (such as James)?

Thanks, in anticipation, for the replies.

Cheers
-raj

<<Less

Re: using MessageCountListener

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 23, 2003 06:38 AM

Um, isn't "postfix" just an SMTP server? You need an IMAP or POP server, to read and count messagesin an INBOX.

About | Sitemap | Contact