separate expand/collapse options
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   jeff_capes
Posted On:   Friday, September 19, 2003 01:10 PM

hi, i want to get the following effect number1 [expand] number2 [expand] number3 [expand] number4 [expand] Clicking on [expand] would result in the following: number1 [expand] number2 [expand] information [collapse] number3 [expand] number4 [expand] clicking on [collapse] would again look like: number1 [expand] number2 [expand] number3 [expand] number4 [expand] I tried using the following method:    More>>

hi,

i want to get the following effect

number1 [expand]

number2 [expand]

number3 [expand]

number4 [expand]

Clicking on [expand] would result in the following:

number1 [expand]

number2 [expand]

information

[collapse]

number3 [expand]

number4 [expand]

clicking on [collapse] would again look like:

number1 [expand]

number2 [expand]

number3 [expand]

number4 [expand]

I tried using the following method:

Expand

this seemed to be what i wanted, until i tried to add additional content after - i discovered that the above method leaves a blank space where the "bunch of information" is to be displayed - i the rest of the text on the page to be "flush" with the question.

i like the simplicity of the method above (from my previous question), and it was easy to incorparate into existing javascript that i had - is there a similar solution that will not simply make the information hidden?

Here is the code for a method i have tried before - this is exactly what i want, but there is only one link ("answer") to expand and collapse the information - i need 2 seperate. - i don't have enough skill to adapt it.

display: none
}
.question {
color: #6699CC;
font-size: 10pt;
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
cursor: hand;
font-weight: bold;

}

classes.answer.ALL.display = "block"

Answer

information

rest of the text

Any methods of having an expand _and_ collapse option (collapse only visible when expanded) this would be great, although the more simple the better as ideally i need to combine it with other javascript.

thank you!

jeff

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact