How is linking of JavaCard applets performed?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Volker_Metzler
Posted On:   Thursday, September 11, 2003 02:28 AM

Dear JavaCard experts, I have a rather general question to the applet development cycle: How and where, i.e. by which tools is the linking process done during preparation of JavaCard applets? As far as I understand, there is an off-card linker (as part of the converter I guess) which uses export-files for linking and an additional on-card linking during the installation of the applet (How does the on-card linker know what to link with the applet)? If this is correct, what is linked and why is it neccessary to devide it into these two stages? thanks in advance, Volker    More>>

Dear JavaCard experts,

I have a rather general question to the applet development cycle:

How and where, i.e. by which tools is the linking process done during preparation of JavaCard applets?

As far as I understand, there is an off-card linker (as part of the converter I guess) which uses export-files for linking and an additional on-card linking during the installation of the applet (How does the on-card linker know what to link with the applet)? If this is correct, what is linked and why is it neccessary to devide it into these two stages?

thanks in advance,

Volker

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact