Not a Servlet error message
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Adam_Shepherd
Posted On:   Monday, September 8, 2003 03:08 PM

Hello, We are setting up a Struts environment using TomCat and JBuilder 9.0 and I'm getting the following message. StandardContext[/common]: Servlet /common threw load() exception: javax.servlet.ServletException: Class com.lf.csg.common.struts.CustomRequestProcessor is not a Servlet javax.servlet.ServletException: Class com.lf.csg.common.struts.CustomRequestProcessor is not a Servlet Does anyone have some insight. We are stuck in the water until we figure this out. It is extended from an object that is a Servlet so I'm stumped. Thanks Adam Shepherd    More>>

Hello,

We are setting up a Struts environment using TomCat and JBuilder 9.0 and I'm getting the following message.

StandardContext[/common]: Servlet /common threw load() exception:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Class
com.lf.csg.common.struts.CustomRequestProcessor is not a Servlet
javax.servlet.ServletException: Class
com.lf.csg.common.struts.CustomRequestProcessor is not a Servlet

Does anyone have some insight. We are stuck in the water until we figure
this out. It is extended from an object that is a Servlet so I'm stumped.

Thanks

Adam Shepherd

<<Less

Re: Not a Servlet error message

Posted By:   Amir_Pashazadeh  
Posted On:   Monday, September 8, 2003 04:45 PM

Hi

I think the exception is ture, if you extend com.lf.csg.common.struts.CustomRequestProcessor from org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor (and I think you did this) the exception is true.

RequestProcessor is not a Servlet, but the ActionServlet is, and ActionServlet uses RequestProcessor internally by calling its methods...

You should set the servlet class in your web.xml to org.apache.sturts.action.ActionServlet and mention to use your custom request processor (there was a parameter in web.xml or struts-config.xml for setting the request processor class used by action servlet, refere to sturts documentation).

Amir Pashazadeh

About | Sitemap | Contact