"Access Denied" when loading xml in javascript/jsp.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   darren_lew
Posted On:   Sunday, September 7, 2003 12:25 PM

Hi there, I have this problem which is really driving me nuts for a couple of days. Glad if any help or suggestion is given Javascript will give me a pop-up error "Access is denied" when i try to load a simple xml file, which is in the server machine itself. The script is within a JSP page running apache tom-cat. I am running it with IE6 from an windows administrative acc straight on the server so there shouldn't be any access prob. Code is something like that: // upon the load statement; javascript will prompt error and jsp dies off ]]> My instinct is that Apache Tom-cat is prohibiting the acce   More>>

Hi there,

I have this problem which is really driving me nuts for a couple of days. Glad if any help or suggestion is given

Javascript will give me a pop-up error "Access is denied" when i try to load a simple xml file, which is in the server machine itself. The script is within a JSP page running apache tom-cat. I am running it with IE6 from an windows administrative acc straight on the server so there shouldn't be any access prob.

Code is something like that:

// upon the load statement; javascript will prompt error and jsp dies off

]]>

My instinct is that Apache Tom-cat is prohibiting the access. The jsp is unable to load any xml files in all location, but is able to load files within the Tom-cat application folder. (C:jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1webapps..) I am however unsure where to investigate further.

This is really driving me crazy. any advice is really welcomed.

Thks in advance

Darren
.    <<Less

Re: "Access Denied" when loading xml in javascript/jsp.

Posted By:   tech_tech  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 11, 2003 05:22 PM

1. avoid xml as your variable name
2. put the xml in the same folder as tomcat and try it
3. check the permissions on the xml file
4. restart ur box ( i m sure u must have tried that )
5. as per ur code u r missing a " at the end - i assume its a typo on the forum and ur code is fine

All the best
About | Sitemap | Contact