dcsimg
Javascript, DOM and forms ... I am not an hacker :o(
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   joey_corleon
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 2, 2003 06:22 AM

Hi, I have a form containing a table in which I would like to move the lignes up and down before submitting (e.i. the user can organize the display of the form lignes the way he likes than submit the form to the server for it to update the way the table is displayed and redisplay-it accordingly later on). I have been trying different things with DOM and JavaScript but still do not know how to do what I want to do ... It seems to be difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated - sample code .etc... Could ot find anything that could help me out on Google. I presume that in the DOM tree it is possible to retreive the elements the user checks (via a checkbox, present on each ligne of my table), th   More>>

Hi,

I have a form containing a table in which I would like to move the lignes up and down before submitting (e.i. the user can organize the display of the form lignes the way he likes than submit the form to the server for it to update the way the table is displayed and redisplay-it accordingly later on).

I have been trying different things with DOM and JavaScript but still do not know how to do what I want to do ... It seems to be difficult.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - sample code .etc... Could ot find anything that could help me out on Google.

I presume that in the DOM tree it is possible to retreive the elements the user checks (via a checkbox, present on each ligne of my table), then, depending if he clicks on the button "up" or "down" modify the DOM tree of the table accordingly to redisplay the updated table.

Many thx for your help.

Joey

<<Less

Re: Javascript, DOM and forms ... I am not an hacker :o(

Posted By:   Firat_Tiryaki  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 2, 2003 07:39 AM

just use divs and swap the contents by javascript, and you should store the contents in hidden form fields.

Also associate the form fields and the div ids.

About | Sitemap | Contact