Tomcat 4.1.24 JSP's aren't recompiling - and I've tried all the usual things...
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Sunday, August 31, 2003 01:26 PM

Please note: I've been using Tomcat for years so I've tried the usual issues (listed below) - any help would be greatly appreciated. For some strange reason, my Tomcat 4.1.24 instance will not recompile modified JSP files. I have tried the following: Check the time and date First, everything is running on the same machine. Second, I checked the dates in the webapps directory and they are all definitely AFTER the compile date of the .java and .class files in the work directory. Delete the work files I tried deleting the individual .class and .java files for the JSP file in the work directory. Didn't do anything. Remarkably enough, Tomcat continues to serve up the page even th   More>>
Please note: I've been using Tomcat for years so I've tried the usual issues (listed below) - any help would be greatly appreciated.

For some strange reason, my Tomcat 4.1.24 instance will not recompile modified JSP files. I have tried the following:

1. Check the time and date First, everything is running on the same machine. Second, I checked the dates in the webapps directory and they are all definitely AFTER the compile date of the .java and .class files in the work directory.

2. Delete the work files I tried deleting the individual .class and .java files for the JSP file in the work directory. Didn't do anything. Remarkably enough, Tomcat continues to serve up the page even though it doesn't have a class file or a java file.

3. Restart server If I restart the server, it will recompile the next time I visit the page. Obviously, I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve restarting all the time.

I suspect this has something to do with upgrading to 4.1.24 - all my JSP's used to recompile back when I was on 4.0.X. I upgraded about a week ago.

Any clues, anyone?

-Peter

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact