Unable to authenticate to SMTP-servers, although I am using Javamail authentication methods.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Johan_Jeppson
Posted On:   Thursday, August 28, 2003 05:53 AM

Hi, I am having trouble authenticating to SMTP-servers. I believe the server is running Simple Authentication and Security Layer(SASL), and when I try to authenticate using the "standard" javamail mechanisms (setting mail.smtp.auth to true and supplying username and password in the sendMessage method) I recieve a

"SendFailedException: xx@zz.xx 437 relaying prohibited. You should authenticate first"

Is anyone awere of the problem, possible concerning the different authentication mechanisms SMTP servers may use. In this case SASL.

Thankfull for any ideas! /Johan

Re: Unable to authenticate to SMTP-servers, although I am using Javamail authentication methods.

Posted By:   Man_Raj  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 3, 2003 02:33 AM

Seems like you are trying to send an email with an invalid user xx@zz.xx, the domain for which is not present on the email server.

Can you try sending email using a valid email-id for that email server, i.e. the username using which you are authenticating yourself ?

Here the server seems to have disabled the relay service. Relaying is allowing emails to be sent/forwarded from non-local email addresses.

-Manish.

About | Sitemap | Contact