dcsimg
Problems with sessionID persistence...
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Louis_Morisset
Posted On:   Monday, August 25, 2003 10:06 AM

Here is the context: Weblogic 6.XX, Struts, jsp 1.1, sdk 1.4. So we have..., I have problem in session persitence. When I open two browsers on one PC (this website where you can look a some monthly transactions) and ask to each browser to do a search on a particular account. Let's say the first browser gets the information right. And then you ask the second browser to get a diffrent account information. It get's it right too. But if I then ask the first browser to refresh the information of the first account by clicking refresh on the browser, I get the information of the second account from the second browser in my first browser. In my logs, when I now browse in my first browser, I see the session Id of the second browser and the initial session ID has des   More>>

Here is the context: Weblogic 6.XX, Struts, jsp 1.1, sdk 1.4.
So we have..., I have problem in session persitence. When I open two browsers on one PC (this website where you can look a some monthly transactions) and ask to each browser to do a search on a particular account. Let's say the first browser gets the information right. And then you ask the second browser to get a diffrent account information. It get's it right too. But if I then ask the first browser to refresh the information of the first account by clicking refresh on the browser, I get the information of the second account from the second browser in my first browser. In my logs, when I now browse in my first browser, I see the session Id of the second browser and the initial session ID has desapeared.
We are using Struts, therefore we get the session that struts sends us back!!! Unless there is another way to bypass the session returned by struts?? But then why use sturts??? So is there a way to bypass the cookies used by struts to manage the session ID's and force the session ID that you want to have???

HELP!!! This is kinda urgent like the rest of everyone stuff ;-)

Thanks

Louis

PS: This problem is only if I have two browsers on one PC. The sessions don't get mixed up between different machines. Thank go for that!!!

<<Less

Re: Problems with sessionID persistence...

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Monday, August 25, 2003 10:25 AM

Of course, if you open two browser windows sharing the same session, then they do share the same session and you cannot use the session to distinguish them.

Search browse the FAQ's for more info.

With the Microsoft IE browser, there are 2 ways to open a new browser window, if you already have one running; one way (execute IEXPLORE again, click on IE link on desktop or Start menu) gets a new session, and the other ("File, New, Window" from existing browser) does not. With most other browsers, there is only one way.

About | Sitemap | Contact