dcsimg
Unpredictible Display behaviour - JTabbedPane
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shree_Raman
Posted On:   Saturday, August 23, 2003 08:02 AM

Hi!! I am facing problem in having a correct display in the second tab pane of JTabbedPane. I am using JTabbedPane for displaying one panel in 1st tab and other panel (identical to 1st panel) in the 2nd tab. The panels which are added in the tabbed pane are complex panels -- having multiple panels in it with combobox, textfields, etc. The display in the tab 1 is perfect. But when one moves to tab 2, few combobox are displayed, whereas labels, textfields are missing. The reason behind this display err is not clear. If I try to select an item in the displayed combobox, the drop down list appears & on selection of one of the item, the combobox is not displayed in the tab. So, the tab almost becomes empty. Though clicki   More>>

Hi!!

I am facing problem in having a correct display in the second tab pane of JTabbedPane. I am using JTabbedPane for displaying one panel in 1st tab and other panel (identical to 1st panel) in the 2nd tab. The panels which are added in the tabbed pane are complex panels -- having multiple panels in it with combobox, textfields, etc.

The display in the tab 1 is perfect. But when one moves to tab 2, few combobox are displayed, whereas labels, textfields are missing. The reason behind this display err is not clear. If I try to select an item in the displayed combobox, the drop down list appears & on selection of one of the item, the combobox is not displayed in the tab. So, the tab almost becomes empty. Though clicking in the area where the combobox & textfield should have been (probably), it shows drop down list & textfield part. Sometimes, few of the components come on the gui display but are again resetted(gets hidden) on some operation.

Its not the case that the panels that is being added in tab2 is having few components. If I move this panel to tab1, it is displayed correctly where as the panel which was previous on tab1 n currently on tab2, shows the unpredictible display behaviour.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Regards,

Shree

<<Less

Re: Unpredictible Display behaviour - JTabbedPane

Posted By:   prashanth_narayan  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 27, 2003 11:12 PM

Hi Sree

well I donno how u wrote the panels but still complex panel overlaping may lead to some paint problem most of the time.
why don't u write a tab selection listener and try to repaint the corresponding panel in that? may be this could solve your problem.

cheers prashanth
About | Sitemap | Contact