don't want jump page in history when going to .pdf file
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nicole_Reilly
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 19, 2003 06:48 AM

Hi, when using location.replace(url) on my jump page, the jump page does not go into the history unless it is a .pdf file. We are getting complaints from users because they have to hit the back button twice to get back to the original page, or people complain that they are in a loop (hit the back button once, then get redirected to the .pdf). Below is my code... Any suggestions on how to get around this?? Thanks in advance.. Nicole ------------------------ jump page code: if (document.images) { location.replace('http://www.globalspec.com/MediaKit/PeakToPeak_July03.pdf'); } //--> ]]>]]>    More>>

Hi, when using location.replace(url) on my jump page, the jump page does not go into the history unless it is a .pdf file. We are getting complaints from users because they have to hit the back button twice to get back to the original page, or people complain that they are in a loop (hit the back button once, then get redirected to the .pdf).

Below is my code... Any suggestions on how to get around this??

Thanks in advance..
Nicole

------------------------

jump page code:

<<Less

Re: don't want jump page in history when going to .pdf file

Posted By:   Firat_Tiryaki  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 20, 2003 01:00 AM

you should use document.referrer . This property of the document object shows you where the page is referred from. So you can find out if the user hit the back button from pdf.

But your header information you designed for your pages is important here, the referrer maybe blank if the user hit the back button.

About | Sitemap | Contact