"Document contains no data" errors - without SSL
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Steve_Leach
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 13, 2003 04:50 AM

I was having trouble with intermittent "Document contains no data" errors accessing Tomcat from Mozilla. The problem only appeared to occur when accessing the server over SSL. The problem has now started occuring over regualar (non-SSL) connections as well. It seems that the server will work fine for a while, and then suddenly refuse to send any data even though it is responding to the requests. Because it stopped working on the SSL connection first, and then only stopped for the non-SSL connection later on, I assume that the problem is at the Connector level. The problem affects all of my application's pages, as well as the Tomcat root page and the manager app. Shutting    More>>

I was having trouble with intermittent "Document contains no data" errors accessing Tomcat from Mozilla. The problem only appeared to occur when accessing the server over SSL.

The problem has now started occuring over regualar (non-SSL) connections as well. It seems that the server will work fine for a while, and then suddenly refuse to send any data even though it is responding to the requests.

Because it stopped working on the SSL connection first, and then only stopped for the non-SSL connection later on, I assume that the problem is at the Connector level.

The problem affects all of my application's pages, as well as the Tomcat root page and the manager app.

Shutting down the server and then starting it up again clears the problem, so it appears to be a resource issue of some kind.

I am using Tomcat 4.1.27 on Red-Hat Linux 9. The problem occurs with both the Mozilla 1.2.1 and Konqueror 3.1-12 browsers.

There is nothing in the catalina log file. My localhost log file is a bit of a mess as I am in the middle of development, but I can't see anything appropriate there either.

If anyone has any suggestions of what I should check, I would be extremely grateful.

<<Less

Re: "Document contains no data" errors - without SSL

Posted By:   Steve_Leach  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 14, 2003 08:26 AM

It turns out that I had a copy of commons-logging.jar in my WEB-INF/lib directory that was causing the problems. I deleted it and everything now works reliably again.
About | Sitemap | Contact