replyTo
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ram_Iyer
Posted On:   Monday, August 11, 2003 09:53 AM

Hello: I am sending a wrong e-mail address via setRecepients "to" and I want to see an error message coming back. So, I am setting "Reply To" to my yahoo address. Why don't I get "Undeliverable" mail to my yahoo address (or for that matter anywhere?). Here is the sample code Message msg = new MimeMessage( mailSession ); msg.setFrom( new InternetAddress( _from ) ); msg.setReplyTo(new InternetAddress[] {new InternetAddress(_replyTo)}); (replyto is my yahoo mail) msg.setSubject( _subject ); if ( TMisc.isStringWithData(_to) ) msg.setRecipients( Message.RecipientType.TO, InternetAddress.parse(_to, false) );    More>>

Hello:

I am sending a wrong e-mail address via setRecepients "to" and I want to see an error message coming back. So, I am setting "Reply To" to my yahoo address. Why don't I get "Undeliverable" mail to my yahoo address (or for that matter anywhere?).

Here is the sample code

Message msg = new MimeMessage( mailSession );
msg.setFrom( new InternetAddress( _from ) );
msg.setReplyTo(new InternetAddress[] {new InternetAddress(_replyTo)});

(replyto is my yahoo mail)

msg.setSubject( _subject );

if ( TMisc.isStringWithData(_to) )
msg.setRecipients( Message.RecipientType.TO,
InternetAddress.parse(_to, false) );

msg.setText( _body );
Transport.send( msg );

Thanks
Ram

<<Less

Re: replyTo

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Monday, August 11, 2003 10:18 AM

Automated bounces (NDN's, DSN's) from MAILER-DAEMON's (MTA's) are supposed to go only to the SMTP envelope sender field, never to the Reply-To header! The Reply-To header is only for human beings wishing to send back a reply.

About | Sitemap | Contact