Synchronization between two databases
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ouseph_Jacob
Posted On:   Monday, August 11, 2003 02:51 AM

How to synchronize two databses. one db is in web ie. Mysql and the other one is in Backoffice ie. Oracle 9i. the data updations in the web should be done periodically into the backoffice Oracle using Cron java.
If u can help me please mail me the answer.

with regards,
Ouseph

Re: Synchronization between two databases

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, August 11, 2003 05:02 AM

The response is not simple at all. You could solve it easiliy (more or less), if the two database engines where Oracle 9i (using Advanced Replication, MASTER-MASTER or MASTER-SNAPSHOT, depending if the two databases or only one of them is updated). (I think that there are also solutions for a mySQL only environment, see http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mysql/article.php/1584401)

If you need to use mySQL and Oracle I think you have to program your own solution (I don't know if there is any commercial or free tool in order to achieve this...). My recomendation is:

• Have in all your tables two columns (dateCreation & lastChange), and program your update code in order to modifiy properly this information.

1. If you cannot modify the tables, create a table that saves this information for the valuable table of your database model.
    2. If you cannot modify the source code of the application, create triggers in order to modify the proper colums

• Your java replication code must have idea of the last replication date (perhaps saved in a file, or in the mySQL or Oracle Database)

• Use this replication date in order to make the proper queries in the mySQL database. Before inserting any data into Oracle database, take into an account the integrity constraints

That's all.

Bye,

David.

About | Sitemap | Contact