dcsimg
install Oracle9i for linux where redhat 9
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   a_sd
Posted On:   Sunday, August 10, 2003 06:44 PM

I`m a begginner for linux.I will install oracle9i for linux under a platform of redhat advance server2.1.I try this installment in redhat9 downloaded from www.redhat.com. when i configure my system and proper install my jdk the version is 1.4.2.( the add question is whether jdk or jre will we want in order for the installment ? ) A error occur when I run the "runInstaller" which is the install file for oracle9i for linux.the entire message following: Initializing Java Virtual machine from /tmp/oraInstall0/jre/bin/jre.please wait.../tmp/oraInstall0/jre/bin/.../lib/i686/green_threads/libzip.so symbol error,version GIBC_2.0.not defined in file libc.so.6,with link time_reference( libzip.so) could not create java vm. My jdk was    More>>

I`m a begginner for linux.I will install oracle9i for linux under a platform of redhat advance server2.1.I try this installment in redhat9 downloaded from www.redhat.com.
when i configure my system and proper install my jdk the version is 1.4.2.( the add question is whether jdk or jre will we want in order for the installment ? )
A error occur when I run the "runInstaller" which is the install file for oracle9i for linux.the entire message following:
Initializing Java Virtual machine from /tmp/oraInstall0/jre/bin/jre.please wait.../tmp/oraInstall0/jre/bin/.../lib/i686/green_threads/libzip.so symbol error,version GIBC_2.0.not defined in file libc.so.6,with link time_reference( libzip.so) could not create java vm.
My jdk was jdk1.4.2 downloaded from java.sun.com.I can`t find answer from www.redhat.com and www.oracle.com,since my english is poor.
someone thought it`s a bug for jdk1.4.2.I also failed getting help from java.sun.com.
I don`t know what i can do.I wander whether something similar will happen under redhat advance server 2.1.
What shall i do .help.help.

<<Less

Re: install Oracle9i for linux where redhat 9

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, August 11, 2003 12:02 AM

As far as i know, Redhat 9 is not a certified platform in order to run Oracle 9i.

On the other hand the problem is not related to JDK 1.4.2, since Oracle Universal Installer uses a bundled version of JDK (1.1.x).

From your error message, i think that the problem is that the libzip library that comes with JDK 1.1 (as bundled with Oracle) is linked with an implementation of GLIBC older that the one which comes with Redhat 9.

By the way, you can follow this howto in order to install Oracle 9 under Redhat 8 or Redhat 9.

If you have additional error messages you could try in Oracle Forums related to Linux and Oracle

Bye,

David

About | Sitemap | Contact