Struts 1.1 - controller section parsing error
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Paolo_Fabbri
Posted On:   Thursday, July 31, 2003 05:50 AM

I'm at my fisrt experience with struts 1.1 - added a section: to control IP address of the client (the application is reserved to Intranet address) when Tomcat 4.1.18 start i read in stdout.log the following error: ERROR [main] (Digester.java:1439) - 2003-07-30 15:35:06,112 - Parse Error at line 149 column 68: Element type "controller" must be declared. org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "controller" must be declared. at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:232) at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:173) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorR   More>>

I'm at my fisrt experience with struts 1.1 - added a section:

to control IP address of the client (the application is reserved to Intranet address)

when Tomcat 4.1.18 start i read in stdout.log the following error:

ERROR [main] (Digester.java:1439) - 2003-07-30 15:35:06,112 - Parse Error at line 149 column 68: Element type "controller" must be declared.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "controller" must be declared.

at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:232)

at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:173)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:371)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:305)

Why this?

I can't say if the section CustomRequestProcessor is working or not because i've not yet be able to try outside my Intranet.

Someone can help me?

Thanks.

Paolo Fabbri

<<Less

Re: Struts 1.1 - controller section parsing error

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 31, 2003 06:15 AM

Ciao Paolo,

Well, the error you are getting is telling you that the xml element controller should be declared.

That seems really weird, since the controller element is declared inside the struts-config_1_1.dtd.

Can you post (please be aware to use the
tags) the struts configuration to check out if the problem is located inside that file?
About | Sitemap | Contact