dcsimg
how to wrap transaction around 3 JMS Queues of different vendors ?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Michal_Sankot
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 29, 2003 08:28 AM

Heya, I'd like to ask how to wrap transaction around 3 queues of 2 different vendors. Queues I have are OpenJMS: InboundQ,InboundAckQ and JBoss MQ: ProcessQ. sender and receiver to OpenJMS Q's are created by the same session. I have a listener on InboundQ which takes incomming message, rewrites its contents in JBoss message which it drops in ProcessQ and sends result message in InboundAckQ. I'd like it all to be in one transaction. How could I do that ? Thanks Michal p.s. both OpenJMS and JBoss implement XA interfaces, if it helps.    More>>

Heya,

I'd like to ask how to wrap transaction around 3 queues of 2 different vendors.

Queues I have are OpenJMS: InboundQ,InboundAckQ and JBoss MQ: ProcessQ.

sender and receiver to OpenJMS Q's are created by the same session.

I have a listener on InboundQ which takes incomming message, rewrites its contents in JBoss message which it drops in ProcessQ and sends result message in InboundAckQ. I'd like it all to be in one transaction. How could I do that ?

Thanks

Michal

p.s. both OpenJMS and JBoss implement XA interfaces, if it helps.

<<Less

Re: how to wrap transaction around 3 JMS Queues of different vendors ?

Posted By:   Nick_Maiorano  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 29, 2003 06:28 PM

Michal,

Yes, XA is part of the solution. You need to consult the documentation to configure all queues to use XA transactions.

The other part is the code itself. When you create your queue sessions, ensure you use transacted sessions. QueueConnection.createQueueSession(true, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE).

Lastly, if use session beans, ensure you have required transaction demarcation so that you only start one transaction. Everything will commit in one transaction.

About | Sitemap | Contact