How do I eliminate using :8080 when calling a Servlet using an Apache,mod_jk Connector and Tomcat configuration?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Casey_Kemp
Posted On:   Thursday, July 24, 2003 05:42 PM

I am hosting my own website using Linux 9.0, Apache 2.0.46, Tomcat 4.1.24 and mod_jk 2.0.43. I can easily run Servlets when I use the following format - http://www.xxx.com:8080/examples/HelloWorldExample.

What setting is required to eliminate having to use :8080 in the URL which is necessary because I'm writing Applets that presently give me an HTTP response code 400 error.

Re: How do I eliminate using :8080 when calling a Servlet using an Apache,mod_jk Connector and Tomcat configuration?

Posted By:   Eelco_Cramer  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 24, 2003 11:59 PM

You should remove the HTTP connector bit from the server.xml in the Tomcat conf folder. Leave the AJP connecter alone, since that is the connector that Apache uses to connect to tomcat. You can find more info in the configuration manual of Tomcat. Left you can find the description about the connectors.

Re: How do I eliminate using :8080 when calling a Servlet using an Apache,mod_jk Connector and Tomcat configuration?

Posted By:   Hetal_Naik  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 24, 2003 06:53 PM

In conf directory of tomcat, edit server.xml and look for the string 8080 and change it to 80. you wont need to key in the port, if it is on default 80 port
About | Sitemap | Contact