problem with server-side validation in struts
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   trinity_trinity
Posted On:   Monday, July 21, 2003 03:46 PM

hello, i am new to this technology and i am trying to figure out what is wrong with my code. I want server side validations. in the struts-config.xml i have an action mapping and bean mapping such as this type="com.freechilly.network.user.GenericUserProfileForm"/> type="com.freechilly.network.user.NetworkUserSaveAction" name="genericUserProfileForm" scope="request" validate="true" input="/networkUserProfile.jsp"> The networkUserProfile.jsp displays a form of type genericUserProfileForm and i have ment   More>>

hello,

i am new to this technology and i am trying to figure out what is wrong with my code. I want server side validations.

in the struts-config.xml i have an action mapping and bean mapping such as this

type="com.freechilly.network.user.GenericUserProfileForm"/>

type="com.freechilly.network.user.NetworkUserSaveAction"
name="genericUserProfileForm"
scope="request"
validate="true"
input="/networkUserProfile.jsp">

The networkUserProfile.jsp displays a form of type genericUserProfileForm and i have mentioned

under the body tag.
also the form tag is

In the genericUserProfileForm (which extends from ValidatorForm) I have overridden the validate function

public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request)
{

ActionErrors errors = super.validate(mapping, request);

if (!password.equals(verifyPassword)) {

errors.add("password2",

new ActionError("error.password.match"));

}
System.out.println("errors are-------->"+ errors.size());

return errors;

}

the validator has to just check for username. and the validation.xml has the following addition

When i do a javascript check, i get the errors displayed. but when i do the server side check, the errors are not displayed. When i click submit, i get a blank page.... LOL!!
does anyone have any idea...or some suggestions as to where i might be making a mistake.....really appreciate your help.

thanks    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact