The mechanics of nested nest
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   zain_tofie
Posted On:   Thursday, July 17, 2003 02:37 PM

I have a property on a form bean that stores an object that contains an array list. The array list contains a wrapper object that contains 4 other objects - each of a different type. I try to access the respective properties of each of the four objects contained in the wrapper object in the following way: Then I try to access the object properties with property.description etc using nested:write To be precise: The propertyList property contains the array list and this array list is called cachedProperties. The array list contains PropCargo objects which are the wrapper objects. Each propCargo object contains a:    More>>

I have a property on a form bean that stores an object that contains an array list.

The array list contains a wrapper object that contains 4 other objects - each of a different type.

I try to access the respective properties of each of the four objects contained in the wrapper object in the following way:

Then I try to access the object properties with property.description etc using nested:write

To be precise:
The propertyList property contains the array list and this array list is called cachedProperties.

The array list contains PropCargo objects which are the wrapper objects.

Each propCargo object contains a:

1. Property object

2. Features object

3. Images object

4. Client object

I want to access properties of these objects in the same nested:iterate clause by going something like: property="property.formattedPrice" for example.

Am I doing this correctly or have I missed something?

I expected that the iterate tag would iterate over the elements in the arrayList,
access the PropCargo object, call getProperty on it and then call whatever getter on the reference to the property object.

Tx in advance - help will be greatly appreciated as it's getting rather urgent that I resolve this.

Zain
   <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact