About BasicDataSource in Struts 1.1 stable release
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   leo_hone
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 16, 2003 05:33 PM

Dear: When I used Struts 1.1 RC1 & RC2, there is one file(commons-dbcp.jar) include in the deployment file. I can used the BasicDataSource.class embedded in commons-dbcp.jar to create the connection to the Oracle database. But when I downloaded the Struts 1.1 stable release, I found that there is no commons-dbcp.jar in the deployment file, so I can not use the BasicDataSource to connect to the database that I want. And I found that the How-To still use the BasicDataSource to create connection. Can someone tell me how to do it if I want to create a database connection in Struts 1.1 and use the latest API of Struts 1.1? p.s: BasicDataSource is dropped in Struts 1.1 stable release, so, if I must still use BasicDataSource in struts-config.xml? Thank   More>>

Dear: When I used Struts 1.1 RC1 & RC2, there is one file(commons-dbcp.jar) include in the deployment file. I can used the BasicDataSource.class embedded in commons-dbcp.jar to create the connection to the Oracle database. But when I downloaded the Struts 1.1 stable release, I found that there is no commons-dbcp.jar in the deployment file, so I can not use the BasicDataSource to connect to the database that I want. And I found that the How-To still use the BasicDataSource to create connection. Can someone tell me how to do it if I want to create a database connection in Struts 1.1 and use the latest API of Struts 1.1?
p.s: BasicDataSource is dropped in Struts 1.1 stable release, so, if I must still use BasicDataSource in struts-config.xml?
Thank you very much
Leo

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact