Javascript, Javabeans and Struts
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   jackie_gomes
Posted On:   Thursday, July 10, 2003 07:23 PM

Hi All, I frequently have the need to iterate through a bean that I have saved in a session via the ActionForm on a jsp page. The problem is that sometimes I save multiple objects (for example UserObj with userId, userName etc.) in an ArrayList and then I want to iterate through them to find a match (for example on userId) using javascript on the client side. This saves me a round trip to the server. For example, I have a combo box constructed using struts tags. When the user selects an item, i get the value and want to do a comparison with items in the bean saved in the session by iterating through it, extract some info from the bean when a match is found, and display it in a text field. Is there a   More>>

Hi All,

I frequently have the need to iterate through a bean that I have saved in a session via the ActionForm on a jsp page. The problem is that sometimes I save multiple objects (for example UserObj with userId, userName etc.) in an ArrayList and then I want to iterate through them to find a match (for example on userId) using javascript on the client side. This saves me a round trip to the server.

For example, I have a combo box constructed using struts tags. When the user selects an item, i get the value and want to do a comparison with items in the bean saved in the session by iterating through it, extract some info from the bean when a match is found, and display it in a text field.

Is there a way I can do this with struts tags or is it a combination of using javascript and javabeans (therefore jsp tags)? I haven't been able to find much info on this.

Thanks, Jackie.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact