Tomcat User files Issue
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Arash_Ghavami
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 9, 2003 11:07 AM

Hello all, I have a web application that needs to authenticate users before they can access to the resources on the web app. I have a "conf" folder inside the WEB-INF folder and inside that I have my tomcat-users.xml that describes the roles and users. it looks like this: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?> I also have a web.xml files that describes which pages should be protected and what kind of users can have access only .... it looks like this: Business Plan /business-plan.html executive For so   More>>

Hello all,

I have a web application that needs to authenticate users before they can access to the resources on the web app.

I have a "conf" folder inside the WEB-INF folder and inside that I have my tomcat-users.xml that describes the roles and users. it looks like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

I also have a web.xml files that describes which pages should be protected and what kind of users can have access only .... it looks like this:

Business Plan

/business-plan.html

executive

For some reason when I run the application and when it asks for user name and password, it doesn't recognize the valid inputs. However, if I add the above line to the tomcat-users.xml file located on the Tomcat's conf folder it works. Cant' see why.

I appreciate if you can advice me on this issue.    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact