dcsimg
APDU buffer size ; JCWDE cipher support
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nicolas_Piskorski
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 9, 2003 08:15 AM

Hello everybody I've got questions on two different topics: 1) In the javacard.framework.APDU class, one single call to the setIncomingAndReceive() method can retrieve all the input data from an incoming apdu, or subsequent calls to the receiveBytes() method might be necessary ; that depends on the size of the APDU object buffer. I wrote a personal applet that reads any amount of input data, using the setIncomingAndReceive() and the receiveBytes() methods, so that it works whatever the size of the APDU buffer is. However, on the smartcard I use (SchlumbergerSema Cyberflex) this size is always 255, so I cannot test my applet. So, is there a way I can reduce the size of the APDU buffer    More>>

Hello everybody

I've got questions on two different topics:

1) In the javacard.framework.APDU class, one single call to the setIncomingAndReceive() method can retrieve all the input data from an incoming apdu, or subsequent calls to the receiveBytes() method might be necessary ; that depends on the size of the APDU object buffer.

I wrote a personal applet that reads any amount of input data, using the setIncomingAndReceive() and the receiveBytes() methods, so that it works whatever the size of the APDU buffer is. However, on the smartcard I use (SchlumbergerSema Cyberflex) this size is always 255, so I cannot test my applet.

So, is there a way I can reduce the size of the APDU buffer ? With JCWDE maybe ?

2) Does the JCWDE support crypto operations ? I get an error status code when I use the javacardx.crypto.Cipher factory or when I try to generate a KeyPair. Is that normal ?

Thanks for your attention,

Nicolas

<<Less

Re: APDU buffer size ; JCWDE cipher support

Posted By:   Eugene_Kuleshov  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 9, 2003 10:28 AM

It would be better if you submit your questions separately. It is easier to answer and then to search for the responses.

As per your second question, JCWDE does not support crypto. So, you have to find another simulator (ask your card vendor for it) or test your application on card.
About | Sitemap | Contact