Text edit fields duplicate when I disable the page
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Brian_Boyle
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 2, 2003 01:20 AM

When I disable my page the text in my edit fields duplicates. e.g ABC changes to ABCABC. This only seems to happen as a result of having my data contained inside a table. A sample of my code is shown below. Appreciate any help. Thanks, B function disableForm(form) { //alert('disable form'); form.disabled=true; } // --> ]]>]]> input *    More>>

When I disable my page the text in my edit fields duplicates. e.g ABC changes to ABCABC. This only seems to happen as a result of having my data contained inside a table. A sample of my code is shown below. Appreciate any help. Thanks, B

input *

<<Less

Re: Text edit fields duplicate when I disable the page

Posted By:   Nitesh_Naveen  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 2, 2003 04:16 AM

Well... strange behaviour!!!

If it is any consolation, the actual value of the elements doesn't change, only the appearance changes. Tried to modify your function to

function disableForm(myForm) {
for(i=0;i alert("'"+myForm.elements[i].value+"'")
myForm.disabled=true;
for(i=0;i alert("'"+myForm.elements[i].value+"'")
}
to test it and the value seems to be right. So you can go with this without any actual problem. Well... you could also go for a crooked option of disabling all the elements in the form using the elements array as above instead of disabling the form itself!!!

PS: Would be a lot easier if you format the code properly. That's why you are given a preview option before post.
About | Sitemap | Contact