dcsimg
Bean property not displayed in design time Property editor
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Manikandan_Kasi
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 1, 2003 09:34 PM

A bean component was developed in visual cafe some times back.we wanted to use the bean component in jbuilder for the current project.we added the bean component jar files to the library of Jbuilder and to the Component Pallete.The addition of the bean was fine,but in the design time properties(from beanInfo) did not get displayed over the design property editor for my bean components.It works fine with Visual Cafe. We found from a article that in Jbuilder the beanclass file of the component must be added with out including the beaninfoclass file in the jar file.We removed beaninfoclass files and changed the manifest file and made a jar and tried again,but it did not work even then. The bean member variable was defined as private transien   More>>

A bean component was developed in visual cafe some times back.we wanted to use the bean component in jbuilder for the current project.we added the bean component jar files to the library of Jbuilder and to the Component Pallete.The addition of the bean was fine,but in the design time properties(from beanInfo) did not get displayed over the design property editor for my bean components.It works fine with Visual Cafe.

We found from a article that in Jbuilder the beanclass file of the component must be added with out including the beaninfoclass file in the jar file.We removed beaninfoclass files and changed the manifest file and made a jar and tried again,but it did not work even then.

The bean member variable was defined as private transient, for Example
private transient String[] Header;
I tried changing it like private String[] Header;
Then (without beaninfo files)made the bean component jar.Then few of the properties got listed during the design time.

Note: Component jar with Beaninfo class the property in design time doesnt appear even after changing the member variable to private.

But some components property had a property editor class file invoked from the beaninfo arent working right now.Like for example in the bean info MasksInfosEditor.class gives the gui for property editing of a particular property 'masks'.This calls a seperate GUI designed by the bean for editing the property.The Code sample is below in the beaninfo file in one of the bean component.

IndexedPropertyDescriptor masks = new IndexedPropertyDescriptor("masks",beanClass, "getMasks","setMasks");
masks.setPropertyEditorClass(MaskInfosEditor.class);

Since all the properties doesnt show up if i add beanifno i have to remove it but by doing that, the properties having a separate editor class called in the beaninfo doesnt work.

I am using jbuilder weblogic edition version 8.1

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact