How to find the form's action value
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   james_logsdon
Posted On:   Monday, June 30, 2003 08:01 AM

Hello, I have come across the following problem and I have tried all kinds of work-arounds with no luck. The problem is as follows: If a hidden field has a name of 'action' then the containing form will lose its original action attribute. Well this is what it appears because document.forms[0].action now refers to the hidden field not the original form property. I think the original property must still be available because the form is still able to be submitted using the action as a destination. My question is how do I get access to the original action property so that I may change it at run-time? Thanks much for your reply. James Logsdon    More>>

Hello,

I have come across the following problem and
I have tried all kinds of work-arounds with no luck.

The problem is as follows:
If a hidden field has a name of 'action' then
the containing form will lose its original action attribute.

Well this is what it appears because document.forms[0].action now refers to the hidden field not the original form property. I think the original property must still be available because the form is still able to be submitted using the action as a destination.

My question is how do I get access to the original action property so that I may change it at run-time?

Thanks much for your reply.

James Logsdon

<<Less

Re: How to find the form's action value

Posted By:   Nitesh_Naveen  
Posted On:   Monday, June 30, 2003 12:09 PM

If you have a hidden or any form field by the name action ,then the default action property of the form object is overridden and there is no way you can access it from Javascript. The only way I can guess is to rename your field from the default property name.
About | Sitemap | Contact