How to get the browser's proxy settings
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sruli_Ganor
Posted On:   Monday, June 23, 2003 11:52 PM

Hi Java gurus, My applet uses HttpUrlConnection to post requests to a server. To send large files, the applet opens a direct socket to the server and starts HTTP chunked transfer over the socket (this is because HttpUrlConnection does not work well with chunked transfer). The problem is that if the browser (IE or Netscape) is set to use a proxy, the socket I open does not know about it and connects directly to the server. Can an applet get the proxy settings from the browser? Or Can I get the proxy from the HttpUrlConnection? Thanks in advance Sruli Ganor    More>>

Hi Java gurus,

My applet uses HttpUrlConnection to post requests to a server. To send large files, the applet opens a direct socket to the server and starts HTTP chunked transfer over the socket (this is because HttpUrlConnection does not work well with chunked transfer).

The problem is that if the browser (IE or Netscape) is set to use a proxy, the socket I open does not know about it and connects directly to the server.

Can an applet get the proxy settings from the browser? Or Can I get the proxy from the HttpUrlConnection?

Thanks in advance

Sruli Ganor

<<Less

Re: How to get the browser's proxy settings

Posted By:   Chun_Tse  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 29, 2003 06:52 AM

See http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=9920
About | Sitemap | Contact