Force ToolTip to display
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Adam_Brandes
Posted On:   Monday, June 23, 2003 07:57 AM

Is there some way to cause a ToolTip that has been set to display? I'm creating ToolTip pop-ups for each item in a JComboBox dropdown list. I've already gone the route of creating a custom renderer, and can successfully get the tips to display, but when I add more than one JComboBox to a Frame (both using seperate instances of the same renderer), only the first JComboBox will display the ToolTips. Using MouseEvents, I have been able to determine that the ToolTip has been properly set, but when the mouse lingers, it does not display. I've checked the InitialDelay() and DismissDelay() on the ToolTipManager and they're fine. Any help is most appreciated as I'm grasping a   More>>

Is there some way to cause a ToolTip that has been set to display?

I'm creating ToolTip pop-ups for each item in a JComboBox dropdown list. I've already gone the route of creating a custom renderer, and can successfully get the tips to display, but when I add more than one JComboBox to a Frame (both using seperate instances of the same renderer), only the first JComboBox will display the ToolTips.

Using MouseEvents, I have been able to determine that the ToolTip has been properly set, but when the mouse lingers, it does not display. I've checked the InitialDelay() and DismissDelay() on the ToolTipManager and they're fine.

Any help is most appreciated as I'm grasping at straws at this point and getting ready to give up.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact