dcsimg
Highlight selected text with choosen color using layers
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Madhuri_Puppala
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 18, 2003 03:01 AM

My requirement is to highlight some selected text on the page with a color but a click and drag. Also i should be able to higlight at various places in the same page. I have partially achieved this by creating layers dynamically (using dynamic API), set the color of the layer to some selected colors and layered it at the back by using the zindex property. But i think that this process is not the accurate one since if my selection spans more than a line and if i start selecting somewhere in the middle of one line and stop at middle of the next line only the rectangular portion between the start and end point is hightlighted. Again i must be able to erase the highlight or undo the highlight on clicking the highlighted portion. T   More>>

My requirement is to highlight some selected text on the page with a color but a click and drag. Also i should be able to higlight at various places in the same page.

I have partially achieved this by creating layers dynamically (using dynamic API), set the color of the layer to some selected colors and layered it at the back by using the zindex property. But i think that this process is not the accurate one since if my selection spans more than a line and if i start selecting somewhere in the middle of one line and stop at middle of the next line only the rectangular portion between the start and end point is hightlighted.

Again i must be able to erase the highlight or undo the highlight on clicking the highlighted portion.

Thanks in advance for your help

<<Less

Re: Highlight selected text with choosen color using layers

Posted By:   Nitesh_Naveen  
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 18, 2003 08:44 AM

I guess what you need is to grab the highlight text on a page and show all the usages of that selected text on that page. You could get the highlighted text as suggested in this thread. Then probably you could use the navigateAndFind method to highlight them. Probs is that the method is IE only.
About | Sitemap | Contact