dcsimg
J2ME or WML? And question on.Palm emulator.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jasper_Penn
Posted On:   Monday, June 16, 2003 02:26 PM

Hello, Billy: I am currently working on an assignment converting an enterprise web application into wireless. The current application is written in J2EE structure. The front end uses a MVC architecture. And we use weblogic server. Out goal is rewrite the front layer (and this layer only) so handheld users can logon to the sytem and work with it interactively. I am a rookie to wireless development. After playing with WML using Nokia toolkit and some MIDlet applictaions using J2ME toolkit, I found myself very confused on these questions: 1. Shall we use WML or J2ME? or both? They are said to be complimentary to each other, but I don't see how they work together. 2. How can the cu   More>>
Hello, Billy:

I am currently working on an assignment converting an enterprise web application into wireless. The current application is written in J2EE structure. The front end uses a MVC architecture. And we use weblogic server.

Out goal is rewrite the front layer (and this layer only) so handheld users can logon to the sytem and work with it interactively. I am a rookie to wireless development. After playing with WML using Nokia toolkit and some MIDlet applictaions using J2ME toolkit, I found myself very confused on these questions:

• 1. Shall we use WML or J2ME? or both? They are said to be complimentary to each other, but I don't see how they work together.

• 2. How can the currently application know if a request is from a mobile device? How and where is web application and mobile app differentiated?

• 3. You said "KVM is dead with Palm", what does it mean to in terms of future market of palm? I know my manager is mainly concerned with palm because that is what most users will be using.

• 4. When I followed the instructions you gave on loading a ROM file onto Palm emulator and click on button download, the page I saw list only COM1 and COM2 as available ports. But USB is the only connection between palm and my PC. This failed the upload. How to get around?

Your generous help is greatly appreciated.

Warm Regards

Jasper

•    <<Less
    About | Sitemap | Contact