Preloading alternate cursor URL using Javascript
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jeffrey_Kalman
Posted On:   Saturday, June 14, 2003 12:48 PM

I am trying to find a way to preload my custom cursors for my page so that the cursor smoothly transitions from "onmouseover" to "onmousedown" to "onmouseup" to "onmouseout", etc. Right now, the white cursor reappears while it is being loaded and the custom image often does not appear at all on the mousedown listener. This is my site My Site and here is a sample of one block of the problem code: If there is anyway to speed this up significantly I would appreciate the help. Also not that each button on the page has its own cursors for mouse over and mouse down, which is why I assume the only way to solve the problem is to preload...    More>>

I am trying to find a way to preload my custom cursors for my page so that the cursor smoothly transitions from "onmouseover" to "onmousedown" to "onmouseup" to "onmouseout", etc. Right now, the white cursor reappears while it is being loaded and the custom image often does not appear at all on the mousedown listener. This is my site My Site and here is a sample of one block of the problem code:

Interests, Hobbies and Recreational Activities

If there is anyway to speed this up significantly I would appreciate the help. Also not that each button on the page has its own cursors for mouse over and mouse down, which is why I assume the only way to solve the problem is to preload...

<<Less

Re: Preloading alternate cursor URL using Javascript

Posted By:   Nitesh_Naveen  
Posted On:   Monday, June 16, 2003 02:33 AM

see this thread on preloading of images. I guess you can use the same for cursors too (click here)
About | Sitemap | Contact