dcsimg
HTTP Basic Authentication problem
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   neal_ravindran
Posted On:   Friday, June 13, 2003 05:54 AM

I set things up correctly as far as I know per documentation. And it worked the FIRST time I tried out the secured resource. After logging in, I have not seen the login window(for basic authentication) again. (I rebooted the machine and tried to no avail) I was under the wrong impression that IE was somehow caching the credentials....but request.getAuthType(), request.isUserInRole("admin") request.getCallerPrincipal(), etc gave back null. I am baffled...why would the popup work once and not ever again(even after rebooting my machine). If anybody has any clue, kindly let me know...I have burned enough hrs on this issue :( I use IE 6.0, Orion 1.5.2. The server and client are on localhost. The docs I used   More>>

I set things up correctly as far as I know per documentation. And it worked the FIRST time I tried out the secured resource. After logging in, I have not seen the login window(for basic authentication) again. (I rebooted the machine and tried to no avail) I was under the wrong impression that IE was somehow caching the credentials....but request.getAuthType(), request.isUserInRole("admin") request.getCallerPrincipal(), etc gave back null.

I am baffled...why would the popup work once and not ever again(even after rebooting my machine). If anybody has any clue, kindly let me know...I have burned enough hrs on this issue :(

I use IE 6.0, Orion 1.5.2. The server and client are on localhost. The docs I used http://kb.atlassian.com/content/tutorials/jollem/orion-security-primer/

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact