Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, June 12, 2003 12:26 PM

In my application, the user will pick some options from
an html form. Based on those options, the sessionBean
will retrieve data from the database and generate a graph
This graph will be shown as an applet. My question is
how to call an applet from a sessionBean.

Is there a better way of showing the graph instead of using an applet.

Re: how to call an applet from a sessionBean

Posted On:   Thursday, July 10, 2003 08:41 AM

It is said that it is not possible to achieve the above objective and only the converse is possible.Request for checking out with other learned persons.

Posted On:   Tuesday, July 8, 2003 09:43 PM

if you're mrs seetha yanamandra murali ,please respond at smadavi@yahoo.com.I shall contact my friends and provide the answer.

Posted On:   Tuesday, July 8, 2003 09:28 PM

If you're Mrs murali yanamandra please respond to smadavi@yahoo.com.I shall reach you with an answer after consulting some of my friends.

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Thursday, June 12, 2003 01:09 PM

Hi,

It doesn't seem you have a clear idea of what you are really talking about, and probably you need to get into some design documentation to better understand the environment.

Anyway, you cannot "call an applet" from a session bean. One reason, the easiest to point out, is that an applet is something executed on the client side, while the session beans are still on the server.

The data contained in your Session Bean can be somhow "provided" to a jsp page (maybe using some design pattern). This jsp page will take care of providing everything required for the applet.

The applet could be a good solution if your graph should respond to user input, but if the graph is something "static", maybe a serlet that creates an image in real time could be a better solution. But there are too many factors to consider for choosing the best solution.

About | Sitemap | Contact