dcsimg
accessing databases (JDBC) with JNDI
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   frieder_jacobi
Posted On:   Friday, June 6, 2003 03:59 AM

hello, is it possible to search and find objects in a data base with JNDI? Unfortunately, I haven't found any detailed information up to now. I assume that one must use a LDAP-service-provider on the JNDI-SPI side, in order to access a data base. is that correct or are there other possibilities? I do not want to use JDBC directly, since - in my project - it is possibible that different storage structures (e.g. file-systems) must be used as well. A further question is, whether there is already a standard to use JNDI as a web service i.e. does a WSD for JNDI exist? thank you frieder    More>>

hello,

is it possible to search and find objects in a data base with JNDI? Unfortunately, I haven't found any detailed information up to now.

I assume that one must use a LDAP-service-provider on the JNDI-SPI side, in order to access a data base.

is that correct or are there other possibilities?

I do not want to use JDBC directly, since - in my project - it is possibible that different storage structures (e.g. file-systems) must be used as well.

A further question is, whether there is already a standard to use JNDI as a web service i.e. does a WSD for JNDI exist?

thank you

frieder

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact