Friday, June 6, 2003 02:17 AM
1. Set an environment variable JAVA_HOME to the pathname of the directory into which you installed the JDK release.
Prerequisite is that you have installed a JDK. So you have to set an environment variable (e.g. as system variable - I hope I translate the strings right from German to English):
- Start | Properties | System Properties
- Environment variables
- New (System variables section)
- Name=JAVA_HOME Value=... (where your JDK is installed)
2. Execute the shell command %CATALINA_HOME%instartup
- Start | Execute
- cd (... tomcat home ...)
- cd bin
But there should be an entry in Start | Programs | Apache Tomcat.