WAV to MP3
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Didde_Brockman
Posted On:   Saturday, May 24, 2003 12:51 AM

Ok, I have now searched the Internet for days and days and have found no info what so ever on how one can convert a WAV audio file to an MP3. JMF seems to have dropped the support for MP3 encoding, so I have been trying out some other 3rd part software, but they all seem to be limited to Linux or Windows, and we're running Mac OS X. Basically, what I am considering now is to actually execute a system command from the servlet which runs the LAME encoder and then takes it from there.. Anyone out there who has a better idea? Thanks! //Didde.    More>>

Ok, I have now searched the Internet for days and days and have found no info what so ever on how one can convert a WAV audio file to an MP3.

JMF seems to have dropped the support for MP3 encoding, so I have been trying out some other 3rd part software, but they all seem to be limited to Linux or Windows, and we're running Mac OS X.

Basically, what I am considering now is to actually execute a system command from the servlet which runs the LAME encoder and then takes it from there..

Anyone out there who has a better idea?

Thanks!

//Didde.

<<Less

Re: WAV to MP3

Posted By:   jyoti_saheta  
Posted On:   Friday, June 6, 2003 07:08 AM

Hi Didde

did you get anything in java, that will convert wav to mp3 in windows?
Even am looking for the same,have searched a lot but no source.

Thanks
Jyoti.

Re: WAV to MP3

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, May 24, 2003 08:53 AM

Since the MacOS X is now based on BSD Unix, I think you may find, if you try, that you can easily recompile and run Linux software tools (presumably written in C), if they are not relying on any OS or hardware specific attributes. I think that encoding/decoding algorithms done purely in software, e.g. of WAV to MP3, should be fairly portable in this manner....

About | Sitemap | Contact