Can't import java.sql.* -Classpath - how to see
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   markandeya_chasan
Posted On:   Thursday, May 22, 2003 06:54 PM

what the paths are? java can't find the jdbc driver classes. where to put them if classpath not taking? how to use a the extension classes, for java to find them? I can javac my code yet can't run the program as it can't find the import classes i.e. java.sql.*, java.util.*. my jkd and jre folders are in /usr/bin/lib. i also put the jar file for the jdbc driver connectj the new mm driver for mysql there. I have tried the classpath to the saqme directory but no luck. Other example files from the java folders also don't run with the same errors. But i do run a simple hello application and applet. CAn you help to tell me how to configure or set up my java on mandrake9.1 so Java can run all the programs? thanks much mark   More>>

what the paths are? java can't find the jdbc driver classes. where to put them if classpath not taking?

how to use a the extension classes, for java to find them?

I can javac my code yet can't run the program as it can't find the import classes i.e. java.sql.*, java.util.*.
my jkd and jre folders are in /usr/bin/lib. i also put the jar file for the jdbc driver connectj the new mm driver for mysql there. I have tried the classpath to the saqme directory but no luck. Other example files from the java folders also don't run with the same errors. But i do run a simple hello application and applet. CAn you help to tell me how to configure or set up my java on mandrake9.1 so Java can run all the programs? thanks much markandeya

<<Less

Re: Can't import java.sql.* -Classpath - how to see

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Friday, May 23, 2003 01:42 AM

You need to get the JDBC drivers for your particular database and then add these jar or class files to your CLASSPATH in the normal way. If you have done this and are still having problems check that the driver name you are using exists either as a class file or in one of the jars. What are the exact error messages you are getting?

Regards.

Re: Can't import java.sql.* -Classpath - how to see

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Friday, May 23, 2003 01:41 AM

You need to get the JDBC drivers for your particular database and then add these jar or class files to your CLASSPATH in the normal way. If you have done this and are still having problems check that the driver name you are using exists either as a class file or in one of the jars. What are the exact error messages you are getting?

Regards.
About | Sitemap | Contact