Annoying encoding problem with Tomcat and Resin
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Julia_Huang
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 21, 2003 09:31 PM

Hi, I am wondering if somebody has experience about developing web applications on both tomcat and resin? My native language is Chinese so I have to change the parameter encoding (from Big5 to unicode) when I use tomcat as the AppServer, but now I am trying resin and I found that I don't have to do the encoding transformation anymore - resin transforms parameters into Unicode automatically. There is my problem - other programmers wrote the transformation instructions in almost every JSP page and there are thousands of them. Does anybody know how to solve this problem without modifying jsp? Moreover, the data in session is anomalous too. :(    More>>

Hi, I am wondering if somebody has experience about developing web applications on both tomcat and resin?

My native language is Chinese so I have to change the parameter encoding (from Big5 to unicode) when I use tomcat as the AppServer, but now I am trying resin and I found that I don't have to do the encoding transformation anymore - resin transforms parameters into Unicode automatically.

There is my problem - other programmers wrote the transformation instructions in almost every JSP page and there are thousands of them.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem without modifying jsp?

Moreover, the data in session is anomalous too. :(

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact