dcsimg
Which Design Pattern to choose for parsing mapping and converting one format to another message format
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   genie_mani
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 21, 2003 04:57 AM

Simply speaking there are two diff systems which understand diff format. one system say XXX will send a message throg MQ in a line by line format .. now these line will have say diff keywords which will indicate the nature of the order and what is to be done on that order. and this will be parsed and understood and then converted into another format SAY to put it to YYY now this format is a string based format ( one full string ) of a specified bytelength . this is a two way kind where message has to be processed from XXX - understood - parsed - conv to YYY format and viceversa. then againg place it in MQ there is no GUI involved only trf of message thro MQ from one system to another Requirement Specs : i have    More>>

Simply speaking there are two diff systems which understand diff format.
one system say XXX will send a message throg MQ in a line by line format .. now these line will have say diff keywords which will indicate the nature of the order and what is to be done on that order.
and this will be parsed and understood and then converted into another format SAY to put it to YYY now this format is a string based format ( one full string ) of a specified bytelength .

this is a two way kind where message has to be processed from XXX - understood - parsed - conv to YYY format and viceversa. then againg place it in MQ

there is no GUI involved only trf of message thro MQ from one system to another

Requirement Specs : i have gathered that at both ends of my system i have to interact with MQseries to get message ( say from A)and put message.( to B) now A gives the message in a Line by line format ( any no of lines ) and B accepts it in a single string format in between i have to parse the line by line message identifying keywords from the line and then forming a string and sending it to B and viceversa when message comes from A to B.
I wanted to know which desing pattern and methodology applies best to this s cenario.
main thing to be noted here is every line is going to be processed again by the parser that we develop since it will be looking for keywords ( fixed ) and then convert / place them in resp positions on the string (Single string )that will be passed to A.

thnx in advance
regds

mani

<<Less

Re: Which Design Pattern to choose for parsing mapping and converting one format to another message format

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 21, 2003 07:01 AM

A canonical XML representation, and XSLT to transform to/from it, for each side's own format?

About | Sitemap | Contact