why does jbuilder create a appl and a frame
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   jonathan_lloyd
Posted On:   Thursday, May 15, 2003 08:37 AM

Hi i am a 20 year coboler new to java and jbuilder. when i create a project in jbuilder and choose application it creates frame source code and application source code. why not code the frame within the application as i learned to do using jpadpro. is there some type of java application design principle that i am missing. the thing that is thowing me off is that when you use the event editor it writes the events in the frame and not the application. in cobol cics we use a map(frame) which is outside of the cobol source application, but the map(frame) can not have any application logic in it. i hope i am explaining myself clearly. looking foward to your responses.    More>>

Hi i am a 20 year coboler new to java and jbuilder.
when i create a project in jbuilder and choose application it creates frame source code and application source code.
why not code the frame within the application as i learned to do using jpadpro. is there some type of java application design principle that i am missing.
the thing that is thowing me off is that when you use the event editor it writes the events in the frame and not the application.
in cobol cics we use a map(frame) which is outside of the cobol source application, but the map(frame) can not have any application logic in it.
i hope i am explaining myself clearly.
looking foward to your responses.

<<Less

Re: why does jbuilder create a appl and a frame

Posted By:   Paul_Thomas  
Posted On:   Thursday, June 5, 2003 06:13 AM

Look up the Model View Controller design pattern. You should always try to separate the functionality of a program from the GUI code.

Paul
About | Sitemap | Contact