WAS 5 - Error while connecting to Oracle datasource
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Tarun_Elankath
Posted On:   Thursday, May 15, 2003 04:21 AM

Hi all, I have configured a datasource with the Oracle thin driver. I am am able to retrieve a datasource object with the Context.lookup("RESOURCE-REF") method, but as soon as I do a getConnection(), I get the following error: java.sql.SQLException: DSRA9002E: ResourceException with error code null: javax.resource.spi.ResourceAllocationException: Caught ResourceException thrown during creation of the ManagedConnection. at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.poolmanager.FreePool.createManagedConnectionWithMCWrapper(FreePool.java:1138) at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.poolmanager.FreePool.createOrWaitForConnection(FreePool.java:897) at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.poolmanager.PoolManager.reserve(PoolManager.java:1065) at com.   More>>

Hi all,

I have configured a datasource with the Oracle thin driver. I am am able to retrieve a datasource object with the Context.lookup("RESOURCE-REF") method, but as soon as I do a getConnection(), I get the following error:

java.sql.SQLException: DSRA9002E: ResourceException with error code null: javax.resource.spi.ResourceAllocationException: Caught ResourceException thrown during creation of the ManagedConnection.
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.poolmanager.FreePool.createManagedConnectionWithMCWrapper(FreePool.java:1138)
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.poolmanager.FreePool.createOrWaitForConnection(FreePool.java:897)
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.poolmanager.PoolManager.reserve(PoolManager.java:1065)
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.ConnectionManager.allocateMCWrapper(ConnectionManager.java:560)
at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.ConnectionManager.allocateConnection(ConnectionManager.java:374)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcDataSource.getConnection(WSJdbcDataSource.java:205)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcDataSource.getConnection(WSJdbcDataSource.java:296)
at org.apache.jsp._conntest._jspService(_conntest.java:79)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jsp.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java(Compiled Code))

.... [Rest of Stack Trace snipped for brevity]

I have my implementation class name correct, its: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.

I have my resource-ref (in web.xml) mapped correctly. I have my authentication set to "CONTAINER". I have created a authentication alias in WebSphere with the correct username and password. I have mapped this authentication alias to the datasource correctly as well, and have set it to container managed.

My class path for the driver looks like:

${ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH}/classes12.zip
${ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH}/classes111.zip

where the ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH is also correct. My db server is up. My JDBC URL is also correct. I have tested using DriverManager.getConnection with the same URL, username and password and the same jars! from the same m/c and it connects with no problems.

This problem is making me go nuts.

I have absolutely no clue as to why the stuff isn't working.

Any help/tips/suggestions/comments/hints ( anything ) will be deeply appreciated,

Thank you,

Tarun Ramakrishna

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact