dcsimg
Need help on import cryptix JCE to JAVA
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Michael_Zhou
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 14, 2003 02:30 PM

Hi, I installed cryptix JCE, and add the cryptix.jce.provider to JAVA classpath and add the provider to java.security file. But JAVA didn't recognize it as a provider, neither RSA algorithm can be found. Should I call cryptix JCE class directly? I didn't find any documentation for cryptix jce. BTW, I found there are multiple providers in java.security. One provider is 'com.sun.rsajca.Provider'. But I only got provider 'SUN" when I try Security.getProviders. I guess that is because Java only initialize 'SUN' as default one. How can I get others work? I guess this question is almost same with the above one. Thanks for kind help. Michael    More>>

Hi,

I installed cryptix JCE, and add the cryptix.jce.provider to JAVA classpath and add the provider to java.security file.

But JAVA didn't recognize it as a provider, neither RSA algorithm can be found.

Should I call cryptix JCE class directly? I didn't find any documentation for cryptix jce.

BTW, I found there are multiple providers in java.security. One provider is 'com.sun.rsajca.Provider'. But I only got provider 'SUN" when I try Security.getProviders. I guess that is because Java only initialize 'SUN' as default one. How can I get others work? I guess this question is almost same with the above one.

Thanks for kind help.

Michael

<<Less

Re: Need help on import cryptix JCE to JAVA

Posted By:   Eugene_Kuleshov  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 15, 2003 05:47 AM

I guess you have installed it to the different JRE then the default one. Check the System.getProperty( "java.ext.dirs") value to see where your JRE is looking for extentions. That should be the directory where you install any of your JE providers.

P.S. by the way, if you need to use up to date JCE provider is better to switch to Bouncy Castle.
About | Sitemap | Contact